Friday, April 15, 2011

Knitter's Frolic: Classes


I say this every year, but I really do mean it:

The Downtown Knit Collective's Knitter's Frolic is one of my favourite events of the year. It's a full day of shopping and teaching fun.

I'm teaching three classes:

Crochet for Knitters
This class is for knitters who don't have any crochet experience at all. The focus is on how to use a crochet hook to assist with and embellish your knitting: as edgings, as seams, as structural supports and reinforcements, and as a quick and easy way to lengthen too-short sleeves.

Two Socks on Two Circulars

Banish second sock syndrome, and make sure your two socks match exactly by working them at the same time. Suitable for both toe-up and top-down sock knitters, we work one of my signature "training sock" projects to work through the process and get you comfortable. Suitable for knitters who have some sock knitting experience.

And Designing Your Own Custom-Fit Socks
If you're going to go to the trouble of knitting socks, let's make sure they fit you well. I'll cover both top-down and toe-up methods, showing how to take a couple of key measurements and create a sock that actually fits, no matter what size your feet are. I cover special fit requirements like skinny and not-so-skinny ankles, flat feet and high arches, and how to elegantly handle two different size feet. I'll also share tips for resizing an existing sock pattern. Suitable for knitters who have some sock knitting experience.

See this page for registration information.

No comments: