Saturday, April 09, 2011

Busy weekend: Spring Creativ Festival Talks & then to New Hamburg!

This coming weekend - Friday April 15 & 16 - it's the spring Creativ Festival in Toronto.

I'm appearing there on the Friday, giving three talks - free with admission!

Yarn Knowledge
Mystified by all these terms - double knitting, worsted, aran? Unsure whether fingering is a potato or a yarn? Wondering why you should care about whether a yarn is superwash or not? This session will explain yarn terminology, help you understand yarn substitution and gauge, and make you a more confident yarn shopper and knitter.

Cast Ons & Cast Offs
Improve your knitting and expand your knowledge by trying and adding some new cast-ons and cast-offs to your repertoire. See which cast-on is best for different types of projects. Plus, I'll share tips to help you achieve that elusive loose cast-off.

Fibre Care You’ve spent a lot of time knitting or crocheting your garment, now let’s make sure it stays beautiful forever. Discover how to properly wash and store your finished items, whether wool, cotton or a man-made fibre. Kate Atherley will explain all those strange symbols on the yarn labels, share tips for moth-proofing and show you how proper fibre care can improve the look of the finished items. Samples for everyone courtesy of my good friends at Soak.

I'll also be in the A Needle Pulling Thread booth, showing off some of the projects from previous issues, and perhaps even giving you a sneak preview of some projects from upcoming issues.

More details on the talks here, on the show here.

If you're there, come and say hello!







Immediately afterwards, I am heading out to New Hamburg for a last hurrah/round of classes at the old location of Shall We Knit. I shall very much miss teaching in the sock yarn room, but I'm excited about their new location. I think they'll still try to put me in with the sock yarn, as they know they I always end up buying some...

No comments: