Saturday, March 10, 2012

Upcoming Events: Collingwood, Florida and Uxbridge, Oh My!

(Well, ok, the Florida event is virtual, but a girl can dream, can't she?

This coming Thursday at noon EST I'm going to be participating in a live online chat event with Beth of Planet Purl. We're going to be talking about my book, and the experience of learning and growing your skills, whether as a new or an experienced knitter. I'll share some tips and stories, and tell you about the actual conversation that inspired the section in my book titled "I Learned to Knit Last Week, Am I Ready For Socks?".

Join us online, here!

During the event, we'll be giving away a copy of the book.


Saturday March 31st, I'm going to be heading up to Collingwood with fellow teacher and designer Glenna C, to teach at the Grey Heron Natural Designs Spring KnitFest.

The KnitFest is a one-day extravaganza of knitting and homemade cookies. I'll be teaching two classes: my Entrelac scarf class, and my Expert Tips class - also known as "Everything You Wanted To Know About Knitting but Were Afraid to Ask".  Glenna will be teaching a lace class and colourwork class.

All classes include yarn and patterns, there are free draws and a delicious lunch. A vendor market provides shopping fun, including yarns and goodies from Cabin Fever, Brown Sheep, Shelridge Farms and others.

More details here.



And April 19th I'll be at On the Lamb in Uxbridge, Ontario, to teach my Continental Class and to give my Knitter's Dirty Tricks presentation. Apparently, there will be cupcakes. Details here.

No comments: