Thursday, October 16, 2008

FO and SO - Finished and Started Objects

A project finished, as part of my program of sensible socks, a pair in Socks that Rock Grawk from the Raven Clan.

They are ny second pair in Socks that Rock. It's great yarn, feels terrific to work with, and I do love the Raven clan. It's a genius idea. Mostly black yarn, shot through with a bit of colour. Because, after all, sometimes you need more sensible... more sutble socks. The jury is still out on how well it will wear, as it is 100% wool. I'll let you know in a year or two...

And a project started.

This is Misti Alpaca Laceweight. Also black. I've had this kicking around in the stash for a while. It was originally going to the Lace Wings shawl, but I tired quickly of the stitch pattern, and decided I wasn't keen on having yet another triangle shawl.

So this will be a long rectangle, aiming for about 18 inches wide. I'm keeping the patterning pretty simple, since it is very fine black alpaca. It's reminding me somewhat of my experience with Kidsilk Haze, but it's not quite as difficult. I don't know whether that's me or the yarn. It seems less sticky; I was actually successful when I needed to undo a row or two.

I'm travelling over the weekend, so will have some dedicated time to work on it. It's not the only time this particular yarn will have been on a plane. I also took it with London and Cannes with me in May, and it stayed tucked in my bag, untouched. I didn't even cast on. But this time I'm ready, I've cast on and I'm good to go.

No comments: