Sunday, June 03, 2007

Buttered Toast

After all that fuss with the socks, I decided I needed a break. Back to the knitting equivalent of buttered toast: easy, comforting, quick, needs no special equipment or materials -- a big square of stocking stitch.


I do love toast, and sometimes you need some.

Specifically, the big square of stocking stitch is the back of the Fleece Artist Jane sweater, from the back. (It's designed by Perl Grey, FYI.)

I picked the project because it intrigued me. The shaping and construction and unlike anything I've ever seen before, and I love that sort of thing. The sweater is knit in one piece. You cast on at the left side of the back, and work across the the back - sideways! Then you continue the sleeves from the top half of the back stitches, and the wrap-around fronts from the bottom half of the back stitches. Worked all in one piece, very little finishing -- I like it!

I finished up the back, and have just started the first sleeve.

Lovely apple green colour, easy knitting, quick knitting, nice yarn. Mmmm.... toast.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I bought one of these kits early in the New Year and have been eagerly waiting to cast on since. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get started. Beautiful colour!