Monday, January 12, 2015

Actual books. You know, like, on paper.

The original plan for Pattern Writing for Knit Designer was that it be a digital book only. It was only going to be a small thing - maybe 30 pages, I figured - and so it didn't need to be an actual, you know, BOOK.

But then it turned into something bigger. 160+ pages. More like a Book.

So I've done a print run. First one is 200 copies. They arrived today.






(Wow, those are terrible photos. In my defense, I was excited.)

I will be selling the books for $30 at the indigodragonfly booth at Vogue Knitting Live in NYC this weekend, and then once I'm back I'll put them up for sale through my website. Stay tuned for details.

8 comments:

Renee Anne said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOO! I intend to get the digital copy but I always like hard copies, too :)

Lynne Ski said...

So. Very. Exciting.


:-D

Patt said...

I want one for sure! Some things I just like better in a hard copy. THanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate
Hope there's still some left after New York. There are research studies that show the brain handles cognition differently if reading digital vs paper.
Peggy

Unknown said...

I got my copy tonight. I'm very excited.

Unknown said...

I got my copy tonight. I'm very excited.

Julie said...

I hope some are left as well! I prefer resource books to be hard copies, so I hope to snag one. I'll stay tuned! :-)

Jenise said...

When are print copies going to be available online? It has been a whole week and I keep checking! I have already recommended it to someone who bought the PDF and loves it and I am dying for a print copy :)