Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On The Road Again: Shall We Knit


This weekend I'm back to teach some classes at Shall We Knit in New Hamburg, just outside of Kitchener.

I had a marvelous time when I was there in April, and I'm thrilled to have been invited back.

I'm teaching my ever-popular Fearless Finishing class, and my Yarn Knowledge class. Yarn Knowledge is a newer class on my list, and I developed in response to the questions I hear regularly from knitters - newer and established alike...

  • Mystified by all these terms - double knitting, worsted, aran? Unsure whether fingering is a potato or a yarn? Wondering why you should care about whether a yarn is superwash or not? How do you go about finding a substitute yarn for a pattern? This class will explain yarn terminology, help you understand yarn substitution and gauge, and make you a more confident yarn shopper and knitter.

Info on both classes here.

Some spaces are still available.

And I'll be back there in January for Continental Knitting, and my wild and crazy Two Socks In One Class.

No comments: