Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Class: Learn to Knit. Knitting for Absolute Beginners

A couple of months ago I went back to Indiana to tape another video class with my friends from Annie's. They are a great team to work with, and I've loved reaching their audience of knitters through my Magic Socks class.

This time, however, they wanted to do something new: something new for them, and for me: a Learn To Knit class.

Teaching beginners is something I've done a lot in stores, but to do it over a video class required some thinking. How to best convey the motions and the tactile nature of the experience, in a video? It was a fun challenge, and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

The class includes everything you need to kick off your knitting adventures: casting on, the knit and purl stitch, stitch patterns like ribbing, stockinette stitch and seed stitch. Along the way, we work 6 easy and fun confidence-builder projects, including a dishcloth


a great shawl


and this headband and wristwarmer set.


Have a friend or family member who wants to learn to knit? Get them to learn from this class, so you can focus on your own projects...  

More info, and a video preview here.

1 comment:

tara said...

i'm excited to learn from you in person in march at Shall we KNit?!