Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympic Knitting Update: Day 3


Today, I actually managed to do some work on my Olympic knitting. Yay!

I've been working on a deadline project (to remain secret for a while), and I've needed to focus on that. As of today, the deadline project is almost done, and I felt confident enough about it that I could pick up my Olympic sock. I got four rounds worked this morning, and tonight I'm at liberty to work on it again while the deadline project is drying after a good blocking.

(Yes, all knitting should be blocked before it's finished. You should block pieces before they are sewn up, you definitely have to block lace, and even something like socks should be blocked before they are done - it just makes everything so much tidier and finished-looking.)

The safety pin marks where I picked up again for the Olympic challenge. It's SLOOOOOOOW going, I have to say. There are 5 repeats of the cable pattern around, and there are two cable crosses in every repeat, every other round. Yes, really. This is why there are 80 sts in the sock, rather than the usual 56 at this gauge. No wonder I never finished the second one...

I am very much looking forward to being able to wear the pair of them, and that's what I'm focused on.

No comments: