Friday, January 01, 2010

Starting As I Mean To Continue: Talking about Knitting

The 2010 knitting year starts with a bang for me - two big speaking engagements coming up very soon.

Tuesday January 12th, I'm honoured to be the inaugural guest speaker for the Kitchener Waterloo Knitter's Guild's Year of Lace, on the topic of "Finding your place in your lace". You can be sure I'll spend a least a couple of minutes explaining why you need to swatch... I can turn anything into a justification to swatch - try me!

And the weekend of February 6 & 7th I'm teaching at Toronto's Downtown Knit Collective Winter Workshops. I had a terrific time teaching there last year, and I'm thrilled to be participating again. I have a full slate of classes - math for knitters/basic alterations, designing custom-fit socks, the perennially popular entrelac, and advanced alterations.

If you're there, say hello!

No comments: