Saturday, April 26, 2008

Knitter's Frolic: The Haul


I was reasonably restrained. Really.

Because I need more sock yarn like I need a hole in the head, I only bought enough for one pair... Shelridge Farms Soft Touch Ultra in a nice greyscale colourway.

A skein of Cottage Craft Angora qiviut/merino blend for yet another of the One Skein Kerchief.

Two skeins of the truly fabulous Hopeful Shetlands Real Shetland 2 ply for a rectangular lace shawl design.

What these last two have in common is that they're both undyed -- they're the actual colour of the animal that the fibre came from. I love this.

And, because I was tired and slightly irrational by the end of the day, a skein of Fleece Artist Dreadlocks at the bargain price of $20. (I think this is discontinued yarn, as it's not listed on their site anymore.) You'll notice that this isn't the colour of the animal. Perhaps the colour of a Muppet, but I don't believe you can knit with Muppet hair...

No comments: