Thursday, March 06, 2014

"Today's Socks" #sockjournal

I've started an informal series on Twitter... "Today's Socks".

Have you been following?

Just about every day I'm tweeting a picture of the socks I'm wearing. Some are plain. Some are new. Some are old. All of them live in my sock drawer.

These are today's.


They're worked in Shelridge Farms's Ultra Heather sock yarn, a nice hardwearing mix of wool and nylon, just the way I like it. These must be seven or eight years old, one of my first published designs. They appeared in Canadian magazine A Needle Pulling Thread.

The copyright has reverted to me, I think I should republish them. The yarn is still available, and I'm pretty proud of them.

It occurs to me that I should add a hashtag for easy searching - will do that starting tomorrow. In the meantime, you should be able to see them all here, mixed in with various other photos.



Update: we have a hashtag! #sockjournal. Join in if you want!

If you're not a twitter user, or you haven't the faintest what a hashtag is, or are just confused, no worries. Just click on this link and you'll be able to see my socks. And hopefully others', too.




No comments: