Wednesday, July 08, 2009

NYC Haul: the Highlights

Cascade Heritage Sock Yarn! Just for research purposes, you understand.

And because I like to buy local, some sock yarn in a colourway called Calico - lovely white, grey and ginger colours - from a place called Farmhouse Yarns, based in New England. It's a great wool/nylon blend, and I can't wait to get it on the needles.

Although, I have to say, they should consider changing the name of the yarn if they want to broaden their audience outside North America...


click to read the label.

And then I also bought this, because I love this sort of obscure, hard to understand insanity...


It's in German. Old German. Click the picture to see it.

Full of terrific examples of lace knitting, and the odd chart. Big inspiration in this small volume, I think - if not much in the way of actual patterns.

No comments: