Saturday, June 20, 2009

This Will Never Grow Old for Me

I teach a fair number of classes, and have published a fair number of designs.

I'm always thrilled to see my students complete one of my class projects, and to see one of designs come to life.

Michelle attended my "Learn to Knit in the Round Baby Hat" class - and she did! Have a look at her great hat...

And Emily knitted My Long Leaf Lace Shawl, and did an amazing job with it.

And S. told me a really great story recently. She and her sister-in-law both attended my "Learn to Knit Lace" class. In addition to teaching the basics about how to work lace, how to avoid and fix mistakes, and how to read and follow lace patterns and charts, I get students started on their first lace project. She told me that she and her sister-in-law attended a family event, and unknown to the other, each wore the shawl she had started in the class. Two of my designs in the same room - I wish I'd been there to see it.

It's a huge honour and thrill - that someone would choose one of my patterns -- and that they'd like the result enough to actually wear it! This will never grow old for me.

I CANNOT wait to see the first version of my Vicuna Sunray shawl...

No comments: