Friday, May 08, 2009

On Magic Loop; New Sock Design in Progress

After much interesting discussion about Magic Loop (read the comments, there's some good ones), I've decided to give it a go.

At the same time, I'm working on a new, specially themed sock design. A select few of you know what this is about... but I'm saying nothing until it's closer to being done.

I had started this with another yarn - some leftover Arequipa in a fabulous blood red colour...


but it was just too damn dark to see what I was doing. I also have concerns about my ability to photograph it.

On the magic loop experience -- since the sock is so heavily cabled, I am enjoying excellent points on the Addi Turbo lace needles. And because the patterning is worked twice around the sock, it's nice to have each repeat on one needle.

I'm getting a bit faster at it -- but I do find the whole pulling of the needles thing still annoying.

So yes, I can see the advantages.

Am I converted? Nope. Still love my good old dpns.

No comments: