Thursday, July 23, 2009

Phew! The Gansey Sock is Done

First gansey sock is complete.

And now I can breathe.

I've been holding my breath for the last couple of days because I wasn't sure I'd have enough yarn.

That little tiny ball is all that's leftover from a 50gm ball of yarn. I was hoping hoping hoping I'd be able to get the sock out of one ball, since I'd only ordered two from Yorkshire.

To make matters worse, just before I started decreasing for the toe, I realized that I'd missed one of the gusset decrease rounds (yes, I still do things like that - my excuse is that I was designing as I went, and I did the math wrong ;-) ), and I had two more stitches than I had wanted in the sole. I was frantically doing the calculations on how many additional rounds I'd be able to get out of the foot if I pulled back and worked those extra decreases....

I took a deep breath, forged ahead, and just managed to squeeze a complete sock out of a single ball. Phew. You'll notice that the leftover yarn is kinked. I did have to undo the swatch.

Let's just hope that the second ball matches the first for yardage...

No comments: