Thursday, April 29, 2010

Two-Socks-in-One: The Pattern/Go on, you know you want to try it...


Not only is it possible to knit two socks at the same time, one inside the other, but we also have proven conclusively that it can be fun.

And now, so you can play along at home, I have a full pattern and how-to guide.

Start the way I always do, with a training version...

And then move on to the full-size version.

My pattern provides all the instructions and guidance you need.

It also provides several additional features that improve upon previously published versions of this technique: I've engineered it so that it exactly duplicates my standard top-down sock, with carefully chosen directional decreases, and it comes in multiple sizes - women's S, M & L, men's S & L.









Although I used DPNs, as is my wont, the pattern is written for any needle type - DPNs, two circulars, or magic loop.



Pattern available on Ravelry and Patternfish, and it provides very detailed notes to help you out.

Go on, I dare you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You got skills, I thought my mom and my grandmother were the best at knitting, but I never seen them knit two socks at the same time.

Cynthia Mitchell
Webmaster, DCSgrillparts.org
"dcs grill parts"