Monday, July 21, 2008

Two Things: Olympics and Socks

I've been quietly following the discussion about the Summer Knitting Olympics.

I laughed out loud the other day... someone was saying she wouldn't participate because she doesn't enjoy watching the events in the summer, doesn't like spending that much time in front of the TV in the summer. It had never actually occurred to me that actually watching the Olympics was a prerequisite for participation...

If it is, I should return my medal from the last one....

On a different note, I'm working on my black socks.


Very seasonal, I know. Hot hazy humid weather - ideal for knitting black wool socks.

The eagle-eyed would have noticed that although I have a fairly extensive wardrobe of socks, they're all fairly bright and wildly coloured. Sometimes, a girl needs a pair of reasonably plain dark socks.

I'm on a tear... this fall will be all about dark and neutral socks. Not aways plain, but dark and neutral. These are the first - the body is a mostly black with white flecks yarn that I found in a bargain bin, and the cuff, heel and toe are plain black. (There was only one 50g ball of the flecky yarn, and there was no way I was going to get a full pair out of it.)

So yes, first of a series of dark socks.

No comments: