Monday, July 14, 2008

Harmony DPNs - I will never go back

I've been working on a couple of sock designs, all cables and twisted stitches.

I'm using my Harmony DPNs.

It's amazing how much of a difference the right tools will make.

I do like the bamboo DPNs, but when I'm working twists and cables, I've always been a bit worried that they'll snap, and the points were never really pointy enough. And I've had the points shred, so that they're no longer smooth.

The Harmony needles make a huge difference. They're very hard -- and no matter how many purl-through-the-back-loops I work, no matter how many cables-without-cable-needles, no matter how much acrobatics I do with them, I feel completely confident that they'll hold. And the lovely, long, elegant, sharp points make it all so very easy.

I'm absolutely a convert.

No comments: