Sunday, September 13, 2009

In exchange for years of cooking, laundry and love


Mum asks me to help her choose yarn for her projects. Seems entirely fair!

And yesterday, at the K/W Knitter's Fair, I found some very well priced Briggs & Little in a lovely green colour. Last year we bought some Handmaiden year, the year before a Philosopher's kit.

All great choices.

Now here's the thing. Mum knits for my brother T. who lives in a cold and damp place and enjoys wool very much. And T. is tall.

So we need a lot of yarn.

And invariably, the yarn we choose - because we choose very nice yarn - comes in skeins.

Guess who has to wind it? All 8 skeins of it.

You can see in the background of this shot my coping tools: a cup of coffee and a copy of the New York Times. I don't often knit and read at the same time, but I can absolutely wind and read.

Winding, winding, winding,winding...

P.S. Mum and T. - I hope you both like the colour!

No comments: