Monday, July 20, 2015

Socks Ed (giggle)

I've got a book coming out. It's about Socks. You might have heard... (Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm at risk of boring you. I refuse to apologize. This is very exciting for me.)

My very good friends at Shall We Knit are throwing me a Launch Party, Saturday August 22nd, and I'm ridiculously excited about it.

Titled (of course) Socks Ed, it's a fully day of feet-related fun. (Oh, not in a Quentin Tarantino sort of way. Don't worry.)

There will be demos & free mini-classes on a wide range of sock and sock-related topics, from me, and the excellent teachers from the Shall We Knit team: Lynne, Jen, Beth...
-how to properly measure your feet
-how to choose a sock size
-tips for hole-free gussets
-grafting
-Judy's magic cast on
-Hexipuffs (because sock yarn leftovers)
-i-cord and other decorative touches

There's going to be a sock yarn swap, for remnants and orphans.

There will be games and prizes and books to buy - which I will gratefully sign! - and the usual types of Shall We Knit shenanigans.

But wait! There's more! Indigodragonfly's Kim and Ron will be there, getting up to their usual flavour of colourful fun, this time involving mason jars.

I'll say this about Shall We Knit events: I'm never fully sure what to expect, but I know whatever it is, it's going to be an excellent time.

Details here. Join us. You know you want to.

I'm also teaching a couple of sock-related classes the following day: Two Socks Two Circulars. Because Second Sock Syndrome is a very real problem. And Sock Fit Master class: I'll show you how to take your measurements and tweak a sock pattern so it fits perfectly.

Kim and Ron will also be running a full dye workshop that day. So even if you're not a sock knitter (But really, why aren't you a sock knitter? Sock knitting is fun and cool.) there's fun to be had.

No comments: