Saturday, June 24, 2006

OMG

Ok, so I've been quietly pleased with my progress with lace knitting. I've been getting good, I thought.

I can spot a problem. I can fix a missing yarn over on the next row, no worries. I've even figured out how to fix a missing yarn over on the next right side row. Wahoo!

I'm pretty experienced with cables, and the Yarn Harlot's demonstration of techniques for fixing a cable wasn't news to me. And I'd been applying roughly the same technique to figure out how to fix issues in lace, which has permitted me to fix a couple of mistakes in situ, when the mistake has only been 2 or 3 rows back.

And then, this morning, I read Yarn Harlot's post about S. Kate's lace fixing escapades. I am in awe.

Not only has S. Kate ripped back what looks like 15 rows! 15! rows! but it's in black! I can't even knit lace in black yet, let alone fix it.

It's good to be humbled once in a while.

No comments: