So, let's say that you signed up for this class. What questions would you want answered? What math problems do you run into with your knitting?
Things I plan to cover in the first half of this hypothetical class:
- metric/imperial conversions - and why they matter!
- yardage and making yarn substitutions
- "increase evenly across"
- "decrease evenly across"
- 'reversing shapings' and 'at the same time' and how to handle them
- bonus topics: estimating yarn usage, and why sock knitters love a digital scale
- gauge and what it's all about and why it matters; how to check it and what to do if you're off
- gauge adjustments - why and how and when; and when not to
- what if you can't match gauge for a garment - easy solutions!
- garment alterations and adjustments
- body length and shaping
- sleeve length and shaping
- more complex adjustments
I promise I'll announce the details of these classes as soon as I can.