Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Project Bags: Little Things I Love

I carry my knitting around. A lot. I'm a public transport user, and I never go anywhere without at least one knitting project.

I've used any number of little project bags to nestle into the corner of my purse: everything from purpose made knitting bags, to ziplock bags, to repurposed camera bags, you name it.

I met the lovely people of Della Q at TNNA, and they introduced me to a line of theirs I hadn't seen before: the Edict Project bags.

Naturally, the Sock Project bag was the most appropriate. It makes me happy.

In addition to being adorable, it's very practical. Large enough to hold the yarn, the sock-in-progress, any pattern notes, and the sock's mate (so I can count and make sure I've worked the same number of ribbing rounds on both), it's still small enough to tuck into my purse.

Della Q hass a whole range of these 'Edict' project bags.... some identify what you're working on: "Hat Project", "Sock Project", "Scarf Project", "Random Project".

Some clarify the state of your knitting: "Tangled String", "Handknit for you", "Knit with Love".

And some declare the state of your mind: "Shh.. I'm counting", "Naughty Knitter", and "Paws off My Knitting".

But best of all may be this one: "Cheaper than Therapy".

2 comments:

wideeyedknitter said...

I use Lululemon bags because I have an addiction to both knitting and Lulu. The great part is the bags are free! But these are adorable! I might get a sock one, too.

Carol Urban said...

I would be of the "Shh..I'm counting" state of mind! I knit a lot while hubby and I are watching tv in the evening. He always decides to talk to me while I'm counting. I usually peer over my glasses at him and say something like that. I don't know how many times I've had to go back to the beginning of the row to recount my place because of being interrupted. :)

P.S. I'm working on the second of a pair of socks in your basic ribbed sock pattern using Malabrigo merino yarn. It's been a long haul. Hubby has 12 inch feet. Love the pattern and combined with this yarn, it knits up just lovely! Thank you!