Friday, May 04, 2012

Recycling: Conference Badge Holders

As a refugee from the tech industry, I have had more than my share of conference badges - you know, those  little plastic pockets that hang around your neck, holding a card with your name and company affiliation.

Hubby gets them too, at the various film festival he attends.

A  couple of years ago I was working on a lace project, and I needed a way to carry around a small chart, to keep it protected. A full letter-sized sheet protector would have been overkill - and they don't fit neatly into my knitting bag.

I had a brainwave: I could keep the relevant portion of my chart in a conference badge holder. They're clear, they're plastic (i.e. impervious to coffee spills), and they're small enough to fit in a little knitting bag.  Perfect.

I use them all the time.




3 comments:

Jessica L'Heureux said...

Absolutely brilliant!!! I have a bunch of them - I just can't seem to bring myself to throw them out because I KNOW there will be a good use for them and BLAM!!!! there it is. THANK YOU!!

May said...

Thanks for the great idea!

Undermyskein said...

This is something I will definitely do from now on... Thanks for the tip.