Friday, August 27, 2010

Further Progress


I'm pretty pleased with it. What you can't see is the two needles in it - one in the body, and one in the cowl neck. Both need to be longer, but I'm close.

I worked on this on a train trip today. It was clear that some of my fellow passengers were thinking it was odd that I was knitting, I could tell by their faces. And then I tried the sweater on - even stranger.

And then - horror of horrors - I spit-spliced two ends together. I was worried that someone was going to cite me for a health code violation.

I tried the sweater on again later, at our favourite coffee shop. At this point, it was about 8 inches long from the underarm - still pretty short. A woman at the next table was watching me... I smiled at her, and she asked me "Is that how it's going to look when it's done?"

I'm still not sure what she was getting at...

1 comment:

KarenJ said...

My guess would be she meant "Does it get sleeves?" Clearly she doesn't follow your blog.