Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Basic Triangle Shawl FOs; Creativ Festival Classes


A couple of weeks ago I published my Basic Triangle Shawl pattern.

SheepLady75 on Ravelry has created an absolutely stunning one in her rainbow-coloured handspun. I am blown away by how the colours progress and work so well with the shape. And Mom2Bassets has worked one in a very sophisticated and chic colourway of Mushishi.

Wow - they're both great! This is precisely the sort of thing I imagined when I created it - a great use for a coloured or textured yarn, and a great TV or travel knitting project.

On a different note, the schedule for Creativ Festival has just been released, and I'm teaching a number of classes. The event takes place October 23, 24 & 25th at the Metro Convention Centre in Toronto.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That shawl pattern is beautiful Kate, and I really like the 2 projects you showed us today.

I would like to knit it using Crystal Palace 'Mini Mochi', which has a beautiful change of colours that would look great on your pattern.

I now need to find out where to get that yarn in Toronto. If I don't find it in the city, I migh go to the Needle Emporium in Ancaster, ON, where I believe a couple of Ravelers got it.

Maria