The "Opening Night" circular shawl that I started on Election night is done. Wasn't that much knitting, it's just that I got distracted...
It's a big circle - and I mean big, the diameter is 33 inches (84 cm) - worked in segments, with two armholes created by casting off two of the segments on one round, and then immediately casting back on again over them on the following round.
It's one of those "why didn't I think of this myself" designs... very simple, and elegantly clever.
It wears rather like a vest, and also forms a high collar which handily mitigates the requirement for a scarf under my coat.
It was a reasonably quick knit, except for the last few rounds which took forever, and used up startling amounts of yarn, as is always the way with a shawl.
I used about 1 and a quarter of the giant Eco Wool + skeins, about 500 yds of yarn in total.
I'm very pleased with it -- it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to, and looks even better than I imagined it would. It was very simple to work - a nice palate cleanser between more challenging projects.
Speaking of which... I think I've figured out a design for the sparkly sock yarn...