Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grape and Grain?

I'm currently reading Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Knitter's Almanac". (On this page.)

It's no secret I'm not a crocheter, but I've recently been inspired to try again. By this.


Specifically, this.


(Yes, I love him and his Beloved Shaun of the Dead that much. ;-) )

So I've been muddling through, with the help of The Happy Hooker. Great book.

And have been messing with a ball of leftovers, which may or may not turn into a scarf.


So I laughed out loud when I read EZ's proclamations on crochet.

She confesses she's not very good at it, and doesn't really like it... and particularly doesn't like the look of crocheted borders on knitted sweaters...

"Once I was told that one should not mix the grape and the grain, in that case, knitting and crochet..."

that might explain why I always feel quite dreadful the morning after a bout of crochet...

1 comment:

mmj said...

The chocolate zombie is incredibly cute! My friend Sammy has that book and loves it. She's constantly making creatures. Plus, it's a good way to use up random yarn.