I've been working on Lace Wings since, oh, sometime in the spring.
I had decided that I was ready to take on the challenge of lace knitting in black. Turns out I simply wasn't ready for this particular challenge.
I chose Lace Wings because it's a simple pattern -- a 7-stitch repeat with increases in the centre and at both edges.
It's a nice design...
... but it was driving me insane. I was using stitch markers to divide the repeats -- and by the time I'd got about 12 inches in length, I had four million stitch markers on the go. Tiny yarn, slow going, and a million repeats. I could have probably tried to work it without the markers, but by the time I was frustrated enough to start thinking about ripping it out, I had decided that I didn't want a triangle shawl anyway. God knows I've knitted enough, and never actually used any of them. I have a few lying around the house, I've given a couple away. I've even worked one and ripped it out and swapped the yarn for coffee.
So I ripped Lace Wings out.
My next challenge: finding a rectangular lace design for this yarn. I have 850 yds. Hmm...