Sunday, October 29, 2006

Post-knitum depression?

I've been on a knitting rampage of late -- four new designs (including a full hat, mitt and scarf set), the Highland Shawl, and I've got three Lizard Ridge squares done. All excellent stuff.

And in the last few days, I've hit a wall. I've been working on and off for over a year on a feather & fan shawl in some stash yarn. I picked it up yesterday for some roadtrip knitting, and ended up ripping a significant portion of it out -- too many mistakes. Then even the reworked section was causing me problems. And I picked up again a twice-abandoned mock-cabled and colourwork sock project, and I'm really not having much success with that.

And Lorena gave me some Rowan Romance to swatch with for a specific design she has in mind, and it's just not coming together for me.

Am I all creative-d out? I've been doing some seriously interesting and challenging stuff over the last two or three months, and I think I'm exhausted. Right now even the easy things seem hard.

No comments: