Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Finishing Queen!


Another FO! A modest-sized (50 or so inches wide, 25 or so long after blocking) shawl in undyed fingering weight from my friends at Woolly Acres Farm. (Have I said recently how much I love their yarns?) The picture doesn't convey the depth of the grey -- it's really very lovely.

It's not bad, considering how badly I suck at lace knitting. There was some serious ripping 'n' cursing required to get it done. I am a master of threading lifelines, though.

I messed with the pattern, of course. I added the eyelets at the top, before the border, to balance it out a bit. It's garter-edged with an easy-to-memorize 7 stitch cat's paw lace pattern repeated across.

1 comment:

Hopeful Farm said...

Dear Kate, Love the shawl, but the wool was from Hopeful Farms, not Woolly Acres. I did the fingering weight yarn and Lynn did the chunky weight. Thanks, Michele Minty