Still in post-Olympic letdown, I think. Still looking for a meaty project to sink my teeth into.
The Malizia shawl idea was dismissed after an evening... didn't like it on small needles, didn't like it on big.
Then I thought I'd give the Feather & Fan shawl a go, in my Noro leftovers. Turns out I don't have as much in the way of leftovers as I thought I had.... lots of ends, but only a couple of partial balls. So I dug out the Fleece Artist Country wool, hoping that the mismatched colourways wouldn't be so obvious in that design.
I spent two evenings ignoring everything I'd learnt with my Olympic project. No markers, wasn't checking my count, no lifeline. I ripped it back three times in total, right to the beginning. I rewrote the instructions so that a) they print on a single page I can leave on my lap and b) fit my counting style better. And I placed a bunch of markers, and evening three marked the first real progress. It's cute, I like working it, and and I like the look, but I'm not sure I'd actually use or wear it. So it's either for a gift or for wrapping around me while I watch TV, depending on when I finish and how I feel about it when I'm done.
The travelling bee sock project is coming along well, though.